Favourite Lipsticks for dark skin

April 05, 2016

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! For today’s post, I wanted to show you all some of my favourite lipsticks-so far! These are the lipsticks that I wear and am most often complimented on, so I decided to share it with you guys!



1)      Mac lipstick- Rebel.
This lipstick is a deep purple/berry colour with a satin finish! This is one of my favourite lipsticks in my collection and it is of an amazing quality. The formula of the lipstick does irritate my lips slightly, so I don’t wear it very often, however this is defiantly a favourite colour of mine which I wear all year round.

2)      Revlon – Really Red
This lipstick may be a bit bold for some, but I love it plus it makes my teeth look whiter! This is a matte formula, but it isn’t drying at all. Some of you may think this is a bit too bold, especially against deeper skin complexions, however you could easily use a soft hand or some brown lip liner to alter the colour intensity.

3)      Kiko
This lipstick is a satin finish, and it is a pretty mauve purple nude colour! After purchasing a sally Hansen lipstick when I was 15, I have been on a hunt for its dupe (and I finally found it!!!). This colour goes well with any look which makes it ideal to wear to college.

4)      Nyx Matte lipstick- Natural
This lipstick is fairly new so I did not know what to expect when using it. I have to say that I was really impressed with the lipstick. Although matte, it wasn’t drying and is very long lasting. Again, this is another great lipstick for everyday use and it being £6.50 makes it even better!

5) La colour lip pencil - Aurburn
Now, I know this is not a lipstick however, this is the lip liner I reach for on a daily basis as it works amazingly well with different lip colours as well as on its own. I typically wear this lip liner with many of my nude lip colours to make them more appropriate (as in nice and warm and not pasty looking) for my complexion.

So those are my top 5 lipsticks which I like to wear on a daily basis! Lipsticks are my go-to so let me know of any other lipsticks/ brands which you think I should try out! As always, thank you for reading this post and i'll see you on my next post! Bye for now!!

XXX~ MARIAM ~XXX

You Might Also Like

0 comments